Let’s help get newly eligible Missourians enrolled in expanded Medicaid!
Medicaid Expansion Toolkit Downloads
Below are helpful downloads to support your expanded Medicaid enrollment education and outreach efforts. You will find a link to downloadable graphics and copy, additional social media copy to customize as needed, a press release template to customize for your organization’s use, an 11 x 17 flyer, and infographics you can customize with your logo and website address. Visit periodically as we add additional resources and downloads to help assist with enrolling newly eligible Missourians into Medicaid.
- Social Media Graphics
- Social Media Copy PDF | Social Media Copy WORD
- Press Release Template
- 11×17 Flyer 1
- 11×17 Flyer 2 | 11×17 Non Rural Flyer 2 | En Español
- Infographics (add your logo and website address) | Infographic 1 | Infographic 2 | Infographic En Español
About Medicaid Expansion
In August of 2020, Missouri voters approved an amendment to expand Medicaid in the state. In a unanimous decision, the Missouri Supreme Court reaffirmed the will of the people by ruling that the state has an obligation to expand Medicaid eligibility.
Though this is cause for celebration, there remains a tremendous amount of work to be done to ensure that those who are newly eligible are able to apply. Now that Medicaid has expanded in the state, an estimated 275,000 additional Missourians qualify for free or low-cost health insurance through the program, called MO HealthNet, but many don’t know that they may now be eligible.
Now, we are collaborating with a wide range of partners to help facilitate full and timely enrollment. This includes promoting and supporting the newly eligible to enroll in Medicaid through a targeted awareness campaign. In order to facilitate this campaign, Grace Advertising & Consulting, Inc. has created a Medicaid Expansion Social Media Toolkit.
This toolkit includes a variety of targeted graphics in English and Spanish formatted for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. There is also social media copy formatted for each of the social media platforms. Both the graphics and social media copy cater to different target audiences helping broaden the reach to those who are unaware of the new eligibility rules.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MISSOURI MEDICAID EXPANSION:
The rules have changed. Missouri Medicaid has expanded to cover more people. Now, more adults can get low-cost or free health insurance through Missouri Medicaid (called MO HealthNet).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Eligibility for MO HealthNet depends on your income, age, health, and individual needs. You may be eligible if you are a(n):
- Parent or caretaker with a child (under age 19)
- Woman (age 19-55) with no health insurance
- Adult (age 19-64) without disabilities
- Woman (under age 65) with breast or cervical cancer
- Person with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired adult
GET ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE:
The following organizations are available to assist individuals with MO HealthNet enrollment:
- Budget and Financial Management Assistance (BFMA)
- Care Beyond the Boulevard
- Full Employment Council
- Health Care Collaborative of Rural Missouri
- Kansas City Medical Society
- KC CARE Health Center
- Northland Health Care Access
- Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center
- Swope Health
- University Health
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply through the online portal
- Apply by phone at 855-373-9994
- Complete an application (aplicación Español) on your computer
- Download & print application (aplicación Español)
- Are blind or disabled
- Get Social Security
- Have VA healthcare
Send your paper application and forms by email, mail, or fax to:
- Email: FSD.Documents@dss.mo.gov
- Family Support Division, 615 E 13th St, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Fax: 573-526-9400
WHEN WILL I GET COVERAGE?
The Family Support Division will process your application and any supporting documentation as soon as they receive it. This can take up to 45 days.
Once your application is processed, you will get a letter that lets you know if you are eligible for healthcare coverage or not. If you are approved, you will receive a MO HealthNet Identification Card and information explaining the type of services and coverage you have. You will need to follow the instructions in this letter for your coverage to begin.
To learn more about Missouri Medicaid Expansion, please visit: https://mydss.mo.gov/healthcare/apply
Find us on Facebook Twitter and Instagram.